BFF banter
I’ve heard a similar conversation.
Sweety and Baby are waiting for Dolly to join them for lunch at a high-end restaurant. They describe themselves as BFFs or ‘best friends forever’. Dolly arrives 15 minutes late. Till she arrives, they are having this conversation.
Sweety: What kind of bra straps Dolly’s sister-in-law wears, too straight and tight!
Baby: Dolly never shows her bra strap unless it’s accidental. In which age does she think she lives?
Sweety: Dolly never arrives on time. Do you know I saw her at the vegetable bazaar that day? She was wearing a cotton salwar suit that ordinary housewives wear. And what kind of a bag she was carrying! Can you imagine it?
Baby: [Giggles] Maybe she has gone to buy potatoes and radish again.
Dolly arrives.
Dolly: Sorry, it was break time at school of my daughter’s final exam. I had texted you, she is unwell, so got late.
Sweety: I raise my kids to be independent. I don’t even know what homework they get.
Baby: Still my son performed better at the Math Olympiad than your daughter did.
Dolly: Yes, your social media updates are always about the achievements of your children, I already know that. Do treat us to dinner in Europe when he wins the Nobel Prize.
Baby: I love your shoes.
Dolly: Thank you.
Baby: Do they belong to your grandma? Where did you buy them from?
Sweety: I saw you wear the same shoes at the vegetable market that day. What were you doing there?
Dolly: Well, I wonder why you were there.
Sweety: I was going past it, not buying vegetables from the street shops like you. Can’t you go to an international vegetable and fruit chain store to buy zucchini, avocado, kale, collard greens and brussels sprouts?
Baby: Or at least send a maid to the bazaar if you want ghar ka khana [Indian food]? Don’t you have a maid? We have nannies.
Dolly: I like to go to the local bazaar to select our kitchen’s vegetables. That helps small grocers and Indian farmers too. Won’t both of you supporting our farmers on social media and garnering likes?
#lunchtalk#vegetableshopping#bitching#highsociety#privilegedpeople#shopping

Comments

Popular posts from this blog