Confirmed!

The reincarnation of the beggar as my ginger cat Bhutu has been testified by my mother. She remembers the beggar too, much better than I do.  We met him sometime between 1980 and 1983.

My mother didn’t want to provide him with a coin as my ignorant grandmother had prohibited her from giving money to leprosy patients. She was told by her guruji that they should never be given any money by ‘respectable families’ as when they gave the coin to someone, the receiver immediately contracted leprosy. This godman had also ordered her to run away, go indoors and shut the door if she saw them walking down the street as he claimed to have the medical knowledge that simply passing by spread leprosy immediately.

Leprosy is transmitted through prolonged contact. Coughs and sneezes may transmit germs. My grandma had spread the rumour that her nephew got leprosy by boiling an egg in tea water. She believed such nonsense because of babaji. That’s why my family was ruthless to them in the name of spirituality.

Ananta Dada, our domestic worker gave the beggar with leprosy money as my mother had refused. I had requested him to do so. As per his dying wish, he was reborn as my cat. The orange tomcat that you see in this picture is the being I’m talking about.

#leprosy, #leprosymission, #leprosyawareness, #leprosyiscurable, #deathleprosy, #leprosyeradication, #leprosypatients, #reincarnation, #reincarnationlove, #reincarnationisreal, #reincarnationgoals, #reincarnationcycles, #reincarnationstories, #reincarnationoflove, #gingercat, #catsoftheworld, #catsoftheday, #catloversworld, #tomcat, #fosteredcat

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog