A cat has nine lives [or more]

This is a dream I had in the afternoon [23 March 2022].

Me [to my cat Bhutu]: Why are you forgetting me? You’re eating downstairs. You don’t come upstairs to us as often for a meal. You frequently ignore me when I call you.

Bhutu: Don’t say that, do you know who I was?

Bhutu changed into a beggar with leprosy who walked on four legs.

Bhutu: Do you remember me now?

Me: No.

Bhutu: When you were a little girl, you’d visit India on winter vacations. Once you visited a famous Kali temple holding your mother’s hand, I had lost much of my limbs, crawled on the remnant limbs I had. You were confused and upset on seeing me and pleaded to your mother to give me a coin so that I could eat.

Shopkeepers would turn me away even when I had money to buy food as I was despised. This time I got my favourite snack. After eating it I breathed my last cuddling with a stray cat on the cabbage leaf piles on the street. It was such a cushiony bed to end your life on. I died happily and with a full tummy. I prayed that in the next life I was born as your pet cat.

As a kitten, I roamed in your building and would beg for food from everyone as that’s what I had done in my previous life. I saw you one day and knew that you were the one I wanted to be with.

Me [affectionately]: If you’re so wise, why do you smack Tutu out of jealousy?

Bhutu: Oh, that’s my cat brain at work!

#cat, #catsofinstagram, #cats, #catreincarnation, #catlife, #catlovers, #catloversclub, #catsagram, #catlove, #catphoto, #catoftheday, #catsinstagram, #cats_of_instagram, #catgram, #catsofworld, #catnoir, #catscatscats, #catsselfie, #catphotography, #caturday, #catmom, #cats_of_instaworld, #catsfollowers, #catloversworld, #gingercat, #kitten, #kittens, #kittenlove, #kittenlife, #kittenplay

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog