Almost Infamous

I’m facing the shadowban on Instagram, methinks. That’s why I’m growing younger as time plummets forward. I will have to revert to sharing new memories about my 32nd, 31st, 30th etc years as I continue to lose than gain more followers. Maybe this happened because I used similar hashtags. It’s novel to grow younger as you advance in physical age though.

Last night I was watching Satyajit Ray’s Shakha Proshakha when supper arrived for us. It was delicious piping hot chicken biriyani, fish fry and egg shop from a Bengali catering service. My paternal grandfather who was an astrologer had once said that I’d marry a man who was a caterer who cooked fish fry and finger chips.

Then while scrolling social media, I came across something which disturbed me enough to turn my plans to wake up early to watch the new year’s sunrise awry. Then my accomplice @indian.devil.angel [Instagram] suggested that I shouldn’t sleep but chat with friends as I was upset.

I was listening to various videos of Auld Lang Syne as the mobile watch blinked to midnight. I was also sharing about the time in university when I would cross the busy street in front of my college like a duck and ducklings would. I’d waddle forward and backwards with them. I have a road crossing phobia. Then a mild burst of crackers and cheers announced the New Year.

#happynewyear, #newyearsunsrise, #yearenddinner, #biriyani, #chickenbiriyani, #eggchop, #fishfry, #dimerdevil, #ducks, #ducklings, #auldlangsyne, #roadcrossing, #busyroads, #accomplice, #partnerincrime, #catering, #satyajitray, #badboy, #waddling, #fingerchips, #socialmedia, #chips, #showban, #growingyounger, #infamous, #almostinfamous, #hashtags, #chicken, #egg, #scrollingsocialmedia, #benjaminbutton, #astrology, #universitymemories, #grandpa, #growingyounger, #ducktales, #cuteduckling, #cateringservice

https://pixabay.com/photos/ducks-ducklings-walking-nature-2683033/: Image by Ian Wilson from Pixabay

https://pixabay.com/photos/lamp-lantern-night-midnight-6785065/: Image by Kenji Ogusu from Pixabay






Comments

Popular posts from this blog