Unfinished dream

I had a funny dream about a man’s religious wife. She has organised a satsang with the most pious women and a mataji. I see that the Hardy Boys and Chet are standing outside their room to investigate the case. Something highly suspicious is going on inside. However, they’re not entering. This is a motel and we are all living there.

I tell Frank and Joe Hardy and Chet that I’ll be their spy. I had a crush on Frank Hardy. Though Nancy Drew books were in the collection, I borrowed only Hardy Boys ones. I lied to my family that Nancy Drew bestsellers weren’t available at our bibliotheca. I wasn’t allowed to look or talk to boys. Liking male fictional characters in stories was also a cognizable offence in our joint family.

I entered to find women squatting on the floor in gaudy silk clothes, gemstones and heavy jewellery. They looked like caricatures of ‘good’ women from Hindi soaps. They were singing bhajans off-tune. The mataji was in a trance as she was doing predictions.

I entered in simple un-ironed Western attire. When out of curiosity, I asked her to do my reading, she fled. Then one of this holy wife’s friends came to me.

She observed my palm and said, “You have studied fashion, gemstone and jewellery designing.”

Amused by her wrong prophesy, I said, “Correct!”

I’m fashion-challenged and have a degree in English Literature.

She added, “You are here not for this divine meeting but to steal gemstones as you love them.”

I retorted, “What makes you think that? I hate astrological gemstones and have no interest in jewellery.”

She said, “Mataji tells me about people through telepathy.”

I was keen to know her next forecast when Mashi called from her train to wake me up. I was upset for not being able to complete the dream, so told her, “I’m going back to sleep, please don’t call again.”

I closed my eyes but the dream was over. I opened them to discover that dawn had broken and I had to get up from bed to store water.

Later, I thanked her for rousing me from slumber. Had this dream continued, I’d maybe have to live with no water today.

#religioushypocrites, #religiousfrauds, #regressivesoaps, #hardyboys, #frankhardy, #joehardy, #fraudastrologers, #dubiousmatajis, #misogyny, #boringgatherings, #hardyboys, #chet, #nancydrew, #childhood, #orthodoxy, #gemstones, #goldjewellery, #fashiondesigning, #shamspirituality, #dream

https://pixabay.com/photos/gold-bahraini-gold-bahrain-jewelry-1369453/: Image by Nawal Escape from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/amethyst-white-gold-diamond-vintage-2186842/: Image by sara graves from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/bright-clothing-color-colorful-5083614/: Image by Jeff Kingma from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/bullet-crystal-glass-sphere-magic-4030155/: Image by Uki_71 from Pixabay 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog