How Vaibhav Karmarkar recovered from alcoholism [final]

The Good Samaritan

Reminiscing over the dark and murky days of his past, Vaibhav says, “Every dark cloud has a silver lining. Yes, I did have an agonized past which I deeply regret, but my experience with alcohol made me understand the plight other alcoholics go through. That’s greatly helped me in my mission to enable them to stop drinking. I know that they need to be heard with love and affection, require empathy.”

Besides befriending alcoholics at bars to help them, he informs us that he puts up placards in various parts of the city urging alcoholics who wish to recover to take a trip to Neelkanteshwar Temple in Pune. He claims that he’s taken numerous people to this Pune institute in packed buses. He avers that like him, many of those he has taken to this city to chant this oath, have been benefitted.

Taking a cue from Vaibhav’s story, all we can say is that you shouldn’t succumb to peer pressure to start drinking. Youngsters are the most vulnerable in this regard. If you get addicted, the path is downhill.

Just in case you are an alcoholic, don’t get depressed by thinking that you’re doomed and will never be able to quit drinking. If Vaibhav could recover from alcoholism, so can you.

Image: Vaibhav and his wife

#deaddiction, #alcoholism, #successstory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog