My imaginary journey











Part 2

I have no camera with me so I won’t click even one picture; forget an Instagrammable one [called the ‘perfect Kodak shot’ in an erstwhile generation]. I’m not a travel blogger, mystic, adventurer or fortune seeker on a journey. I’m just following the twists of the river through the ancient forests. With winter knocking on autumn’s door, soon it’ll be a river of ice and snow.

The forest canopy has now been intricately painted in various shades of green, yellow, brown, orange and red. A painter or pixel artist can’t create the hues that nature can with her master-strokes. I’ll gradually see the leaves fall, waiting for the last leaf to wear off.

I’ll explore the wood’s caves, geological mosaic marvels.  As winter will drape the leafless forest trees in white, icy stalactites and stalagmites will engrave the caves. Inside them are skeletons of animals: extinct, prehistoric, historic, modern and contemporary. My stone-age ancestors have scrawled paintings on their walls.

 I’ll live in these eerie caves all winter by a warm fire, stored food and storybooks. I don’t need that conventional log cabin in the woods.

I don’t have a calendar, nor need one to demarcate the seasons. After winter, when the woods start bursting with the scents and colours of spring, I’ll come out from the caves; and continue with my happy-go-lucky journey. I’ll trek alone from snowy mountains and glaciers to sandy deserts.   

#seasons, #fourseasons, #seasonschanging, #autumncolors, #winterwonderland, #winterseason, #wintermood, #winterlandscape, #ice, #icy, #icywater, #icywhite, #snow, #snowdrop, #snowfall, #snowwhite, #snowflakes, #snowing, #snowdrops, #snowphotography, #springsummer, #springflowers, #springlook, #springvibes, #springweather, #springcolours, #springwreath, #spingtime, #springsunshine, #songsofspring

https://pixabay.com/photos/road-forest-fall-path-trail-trees-1072821/: Image by Valiphotos from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/forest-fog-trees-fir-trees-snow-2964073/: Image by Couleur from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/frozen-berries-red-fruits-white-201495/: Image by kristamonique from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/trees-snow-winter-wintry-snowy-1861704/: Image by cocoparisienne from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/woods-snowy-trees-winter-wintry-690257/: Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/polarwolf-wolf-wilderness-white-4686720/: Image by Thanks for your recognition • Donations welcome from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/squirrel-winter-nature-snow-tree-4700919/: Image by Oleg Sidorin from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/ice-cave-nature-blue-cold-white-2846176/: Image by Anne Wipf from Pixabay 

https://pixabay.com/photos/winter-spring-blossoms-snow-bud-2304801/: Image by Dominik & Frederike Schneider from Pixabay

https://pixabay.com/photos/spring-bird-bird-tit-spring-blue-2295434/: Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog