‘I have read just a very few books. The book that I’ve read recently and loved….I can’t quite remember..’: Katrina Kaif

This is an excerpt from an interview with Katrina that I had taken in the past.

There’s a Barbie modelled after you. Not all women are as tall and have a slim figure as you; so do you think that it’s a good idea that Barbies modelled after petite and curvy women have been introduced in the market as well?

The statement that you made that not all women have a figure and height like me is incorrect. What you wish to achieve out of your body is your own choice. Everyone can do what makes one happy. Because of the profession in which I am, the clothes I have to wear and the kind of characters that I like to essay; I’m trying to achieve a certain amount of fitness at this point in my life. It’s not that I’ll do so for my entire life. I am however working very hard on it right now. This isn’t necessarily my natural disposition. It’s a decision to a sacrifice you make to eat healthily. That means that you don’t eat fat or sugar. You watch what you are eating. You dedicate hours to a gym. Of course, every body type is beautiful and I can appreciate that. For some body types, you have to work on it. It doesn’t come naturally for everybody. I avoid sugar 80% of the days in a year. Today is the day that I am not. Now, may I have my cookie? (smiles munching a cookie)

Do you read books?

I have read just a very few books. The book that I’ve read recently and loved….I can’t quite remember….it’s non-fiction….he’s a Polish writer….his name sounds very Indian….when the World War was going on….his name is with M…..it’s a very famous book….Milan Kundera is his name….The Unbearable Lightness of Being is the book.

https://pixabay.com/photos/barbie-barbie-collector-6046421/: Image by Sudeshna Banerjee from Pixabay: This is NOT the Katrina Barbie, it is just an Indian Barbie doll for illustration purposes.

#Barbie, #doll,  #diet, #fitness, #nutrition, #food, #cookie, #body, #gym, #exercise, #health, #fashion, #Mattel, #bodytype, #sugar, #books, #WorldWar, #fat, #thin, #slim, #short, #petite, #curvy, #MilanKundera, #filmstar 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog