Validate the child who hates school

As a six-year-old, I had a racist teacher in school. She was abusive to traditional Indian students. She would give white kids medicines and ask them to rest if they were sick, but had thrown me out of class and asked me to stand for hours when I had a stomach ache. She snapped, “You cannot go to the toilet till school is over for the day, and also not shit in your pants.”

I would hate her classes, and consequently developed school phobia. Someone in my family would shout insultingly, “Only bad girls like you don’t want to go to school.” I’d say, “Like Rabindranath Tagore, I dislike school. I feel like observing nature and see it rain outside, as the teacher is so bad.” She retorted, “Write a poem like Rabindranath first.”

If a child complains about school, hear her/ him out. Don’t invalidate the kid just because he’s not Tagore, or Einstein. Accept it, the Indian education system isn’t good, and according to me most schools need a lot of improvement.

#education, #schools, #India, #Indianschools, #studies, #schoolphobia, #rain, #monsoon, #nature, #love

https://pixabay.com/photos/pencil-black-white-difference-1385100/: Image by Gustavo Torres from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/pencil-black-white-difference-1385100/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog